Do you have an appetite for problem solving? Love Digital Design but looking for something a bit different? Want to work in an exciting and fast-growing business and be an active part of making it the very best place to work? Then we have an incredible role for you!
We are excited to be recruiting on behalf of a cutting-edge FinTech start-up based near Chester, for a talented and ambitious Mid-weight UX designer, to support the development and growth of the design and user experience services of the business. As UX Designer, you’ll play a key role in shaping digital experiences and evangelising a user-centred approach throughout the organisation. Working together with a wider team, you will develop a deeper understanding of users’ needs, motivations, and pains, explore a range of creative solutions, and deliver desirable, engaging experiences.
The successful candidate can expect to benefit from a competitive salary as well as private health care, a flexible and relaxed working environment and an exciting and rewarding future career path with a highly ambitious and passionate digital team. Everyone in the team has real autonomy and ownership in their role. You’ll also be working with some of the brightest financial services/digital minds in the UK!
This is a rare chance to join a growing, close-knit team to help deliver and maintain new product features while putting your own stamp on existing features.
As UX Designer, you’ll play a key role in shaping digital experiences and evangelising a user-centred approach throughout the organisation. Working together with a wider team, you will develop a deeper understanding of users’ needs, motivations, and pains, explore a range of creative solutions, and deliver desirable, engaging experiences.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work collaboratively to thoroughly understand our product vision and goals
- Own responsibility for the user experience from product conception to launch and post-launch design support
- Design full functional prototypes for new and existing product features
- Use data to influence design - utilise product analytics to identify UX problems and solutions
- Clearly communicate detailed designs visually and verbally to internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with the wider teams throughout implementation of new features
- UX, interaction & product design experience
- Producing high quality visuals that demonstrate good UI and UX principles
- Excellent communication skills to explain complex design problems and proposals to different audiences
- A proactive attitude and ability to work independently
- Adept with design tools, such as Figma or Sketch, and how to manage assets
- Strong skills with Adobe suite and general office tools like Word etc
- Ability to create and understand the use of design systems
- Ability to work closely with the development and product teams to plan and design new propositions and features across all our brands
- Ability to run through your designs and ideas with key stakeholders to define reasons for choices you’ve made
- Analyse customer feedback and metrics to translate into your designs
- Share design ownership and lead your own projects with the help from the design lea
- Ability to own a feature from inception through to production
- Passionate about design and user experience
- Up to date with latest trends and industry standards
- Drive to disrupt design within finance
- UX design experience for complex user journeys
- Strong interaction design experience
- Knowledge of CSS/HTML - you won’t be required to code at all, but an understanding would be great
- Experience building prototypes (e.g., Framer, Figma, Axure)
- The desire and broad range of skills to work across different design disciplines – graphic, UI, UX, motion
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday (excl. bank holidays)
- Free sweets and snacks
- Private healthcare
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Pilates on Friday mornings
- Work from home opportunities - You will be expected to be in the office 3 - 4 days a week.
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.