We are working exclusively to recruit for a Payroll Administrator to join a well-regarded and ambitious North West Chartered Accountancy firm who cover all areas of accountancy. As Payroll Administrator, you will take responsibility for delivering a full end to end payroll service to a portfolio of clients of various sizes. You will have exceptional organisational skills, a positive attitude, excellent attention to detail and will be used to working in a fast-paced and demanding environment. You will be developing your experience alongside a highly professional and motivated team.
The successful Payroll Administrator will be based in the Chester office, some home working is also possible. A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer for the successful Payroll Clerk along with the scope of growing with the business as they continue to go from strength to strength.
Our client is a long-established practice of Chartered Accountants located in Chester who specialise in providing a comprehensive range of accounting and financial services to businesses. As Payroll Administrator, you will take responsibility for delivering a full end to end payroll service to a portfolio of clients of various sizes. The successful candidate will have payroll knowledge and experience in processing payrolls, an enthusiastic, hard-working personality, with a very clear commitment to constant improvement, along with a persistent attention to detail on every task, however large or small.
- Processing the payroll information for clients on monthly, weekly, 4 weekly, quarterly and annual basis
- Assisting with payroll calculations including Statutory Maternity pay and Statutory Sick pay
- Assisting with HMRC queries such as PAYE credits/debits
- Setting up pension schemes and submitting pension data on behalf of clients as part of Auto-enrolment/re-enrolment
- Sending out PAYE and pension letters and raising the payroll bills
- Assisting the company directors and also colleagues in the firms accountancy, tax and bookkeeping departments should they have any queries or require any payroll information
- Answering queries via email and on the phone form both clients and colleagues
- Experience in running payrolls from start to finish including all statutory calculations, RTI and year end
- Dealing with multiple/complex payrolls
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with clients/HMRC and resolve any queries
- Up to date in depth payroll knowledge and experience ideally gained within an accountancy practice
- Relevant payroll qualifications are desirable
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of the Star/Iris Payroll Professional software would be ideal
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to provide excellent customer service to client
- Attention to detail and good time and personal organisation management are essential to the efficient operation of the payroll department, as well as being able to adapt to various different payroll software systems in line with client requirements
- High levels of motivation and initiative
- Effective time management, as the role requires the meeting of deadlines
- Outgoing, professionally approachable personality
- Strong relationship building skills, targeted at both clients / potential clients and staff
- Pleasant and professional telephone manner
- High order personal organisation
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- IT literacy and competent with Excel
- Ability to handle competing requirements whilst remaining calm and prioritising action to fulfil company needs.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive starting salary
- Small and friendly working environment
- Potential for career development and progression within the business
- Birthday off
- Flexibility to work from home after successful completion of probationary period
- Company pension
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.