We are working exclusively to recruit for an enthusiastic and motivated Administrator to join a growing and ambitious firm of Chartered Surveyors and Property Consultants based in Liverpool. As Administrator, you will be working closely with the Office Manager and will play a key role in the smooth running of day-to-day activities. You will be responsible for liaising with the team of surveyors to provide administrative business support, assisting the Office Manager and Directors with invoicing and general business admin duties You will be able to work under instruction as well as under your own initiative. You will need experience of working in a similar role within an office environment and will be experienced at working logically to complete tasks. A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer for the successful Administrator along with the scope of growing with the business as they continue to go from strength to strength.
As Office Administrator you will play a key role in the smooth running of day-to-day activities within our head office in Liverpool City Centre. Duties will include; liaising with our team of surveyors to provide administrative business support, assisting the Office Manager and Directors with invoicing and general business admin duties. You will become a key member of a growing team within a vibrant firm of Chartered Surveyors.
- Working with the Office Manager to implement and stream-line working practices in the business in conjunction with the senior management team, to achieve working efficiencies and facilitate the professional team in delivering their instructions.
- Assist in managing emails, diaries, setting up meetings, providing briefing materials and coordinating travel for the Team.
- Assisting with the preparation and collating of OJEU Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQs) and Invitations to Tender (ITTs).
- Answering incoming telephone calls and taking messages where appropriate.
- Raising new job numbers on our system from the start of a new project and managing through to completion and/or archiving of the project.
- Filing and keeping the front office organised and tidy.
- Assisting Managers to maintain their invoice system including drafting and issuing of invoices, credit control, ensuring supplier invoices are processed and the chasing of late payment invoices.
- Copy / audio typing as and when required by the Surveying Team.
- Assisting with all other general office housekeeping duties as required to include but not limited to ordering stationery/supplies, scanning of documents, binding, handling incoming and outgoing post and dealing with deliveries.
- Previous Office Administration experience in a professional office environment
- NVQ Business Administration Level 2 or above is desired.
- Typing skills with previous experience of producing letters, documents and reports
- Touch typing ability (minimum of 60wpm) with good literacy skills.
- IT proficient in Microsoft Office programmes
- Previous experience with online accounting software - Xero / QuickBooks (desirable)
- Knowledge of Digital Dictation Systems
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills along with good communication.
- Self-motivated and capable of planning, prioritising, and organising tasks and activities for self and team.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and within a team whilst also interacting with colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills and professional manner.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive starting salary
- Small and friendly working environment
- Potential for career development and progression as the business grows
- 25 days holiday, increasing by 1 day every 3 years
- Early finish on a Friday
- Company pension
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.