We are currently recruiting for a Deputy Head of Finance to join a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity, that provides 24/7 support to adults with learning disabilities and/or physical disabilities enabling them to live in their own home. As Deputy Head of Finance, you will be reporting to the Head of Finance and Business Administration and working as part of a hands on and collaborative team across all finance and commercial areas of the charity. You will have previous finance experience along with proven experience in managing teams and dealing with HR and other business matters. This is an exciting role for someone who is looking to work for an organisation that makes a difference in the local community. A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer for this 18-month fixed term contract due to maternity.
Our client is a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity, that provides 24/7 support to adults with learning disabilities and/or physical disabilities enabling them to live in their own home in the counties of Conwy, Denbighshire, and Flintshire.
With offices located in St Asaph in North Wales, we have been operating for more than 30 years and are proud of our 145 colleagues including many longstanding employees, who support people to be as independent as possible, to fulfil their potential, be part of their communities and to live their dreams.
- Reporting to the Head of Finance and Business Administration and working as part of a hands on and collaborative team, you will:
- Oversee and mentor administrative team members.
- Assist in the management and development of our financial and administrative systems.
- Support the collation of the formal accounts using various software programs.
- Assist with the preparation of a monthly financial statement.
- Provide assistance with preparation and provision of information required by the charity’s accountants for the end of each financial year audit.
- Assist with external contracts and tendering through procurement systems.
- Support the management of HR and recruitment processes.
- Assist in developing established performance management processes.
- Assist in ensuring that all governance and compliance reporting is completed.
- A new ICT system for recording and analysing information has been introduced and you will play a fundamental role in ensuring that it is set up and implemented appropriately.
- Experience working with financial and administrative information within a business environment.
- As a minimum qualified to AAT Level 4 or have equivalent level of financial experience.
- Computer literate including good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, and also advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to motivate and lead others.
- Effective and confident communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good time management skills and able to prioritise effectively.
- Ability to respond to unexpected changes and adopt a flexible approach.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility.
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict.
- Passion for upholding the rights of all vulnerable people.
- An understanding of the demands and challenges placed on front-line staff.
- Ability to be creative and see obstacles as opportunities.
- Due to the nature of our organisation, the successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check.
What’s in it for you:
As the Deputy Head of Finance and Business Administration, you will benefit from:
- Fixed term contract for 18 months.
- Full time hours, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
- Salary in the region of £26,000 to £30,000 with the level based on experience and qualifications.
- Generous annual leave allowance increasing with service.
- Staff rewards scheme with retail discount perks, cycle to work and computer purchase scheme.
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.