Our client is looking for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join their small and friendly team based in Preston, initially on a contract basis to cover maternity leave. This is an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Administrator who is looking to join a well-established and reputable firm of chartered accountants. Our client is a leading independent accountancy firm who pride themselves on the quality of their advice and on their proactive, personal approach to meeting the financial and business requirements of all of their clients. As Payroll Administrator you will have previous experience gained within a practice environment managing multiple clients. You will be developing your experience alongside a highly professional and motivated team. A friendly, relaxed and professional working environment is on offer, together with a competitive salary and company culture.
Our client is a long-established practice of Chartered Accountants located in Preston who specialise in providing a comprehensive range of accounting and financial services to businesses. As Payroll Administrator you will take responsibility for delivering a full end to end payroll service to a portfolio of clients of various sizes. The successful candidate will have payroll knowledge and experience in processing payrolls, an enthusiastic, hard-working personality, with a very clear commitment to constant improvement, along with a persistent attention to detail on every task, however large or small.
- Working as part of a small team responsible for managing a split portfolio of approximately, in total, 250 payroll clients.
- Processing the payroll information for clients on monthly, weekly, 4 weekly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Assisting with payroll calculations including Statutory Maternity pay and Statutory Sick pay.
- Assisting with HMRC queries such as PAYE credits/debits.
- Setting up pension schemes and submitting pension data on behalf of clients as part of Auto-enrolment/re-enrolment.
- Sending out PAYE and pension letters and raising the payroll bills.
- Although the scheme is nearing the end, knowledge of the Coronavirus Job Retention scheme and what the calculations for furlough pay are based on would be ideal.
- Assisting the company directors and also colleagues in the firms accountancy, tax and bookkeeping departments should they have any queries or require any payroll information.
- Answering queries via email and on the phone form both clients and colleagues.
- Making payments to several clients using the PTX system and online banking.
- Experience in running payrolls from start to finish including all statutory calculations, RTI and year end
- Dealing with multiple/complex payrolls
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with clients/HMRC and resolve any queries
- Up to date in depth payroll knowledge and experience ideally gained within an accountancy practice
- Relevant payroll qualifications are desirable
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of the Star/Iris Payroll Professional software would be ideal.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to provide excellent customer service to client
- Attention to detail and good time and personal organisation management are essential to the efficient operation of the payroll department, as well as being able to adapt to various different payroll software systems in line with client requirements.
- High levels of motivation and initiative.
- Effective time management, as the role requires the meeting of deadlines.
- Outgoing, professionally approachable personality.
- Strong relationship building skills, targeted at both clients / potential clients and staff.
- Pleasant and professional telephone manner.
- High order personal organisation.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- IT literacy and competent with Excel
- Ability to handle competing requirements whilst remaining calm and prioritising action to fulfil company needs.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- 21 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Relaxed and friendly working environment
- Company Social Events
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.