We are working with a local engineering specialist to recruit for a Finance Assistant to join their small and friendly team based in Chester. This is great opportunity for an experienced Finance Assistant or Accounts Assistant that can come on board to support the Group Finance Controller. As Finance Assistant you will be responsible for the day-to-day finance tasks across all of their offices throughout the UK. Our client is offering a competitive starting salary, study support, 33 days holiday, pension and a friendly and relaxed working environment.
As Finance Assistant you will be responsible for the day-to-day finance tasks across all of our offices throughout the UK.
- Liaise with Project Managers/Financial Controller to gain all relevant information prior to raising PO’s.
- Completing all ‘checklist information’ and adding information to both ‘hard’ and electronic file e.g., Recharge, mark-up amount, client etc
- Rising PO to include all relevant information. Attaching quotes and any additional information prior to sending out to supplier as required.
- Liaising with supplier to obtain the necessary insurances.
- Managing and updating the ‘Register of Supplier Insurances’
- Logging all supplier invoices to the register
- Updating and checking all supplier invoices back to the PO Register to ensure they are billed to the agreed costs.
- Obtaining the necessary authorising signature where appropriate
- Establish ‘mark-up’ to client and advising Sales Ledger to ensure the corresponding SL invoice is raised.
- Coding and adding to SAGE once authorising signature received and adding a copy to the PL files and projects files (electronic)
- Liaising with supplier/project manager for all ‘disputed’ invoices to ensure these are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Reconciliation of all supplier invoices to the SAGE Purchase Ledger and obtaining copies/advising clients of disputes.
- Answering telephone and dealing with all calls relevant to PL
- Advising FC of all overdue payments ahead of the twice monthly payment runs
- Liaising with credit controller and providing the following support when needed
- Processing Sales Invoices
- Updating ledger following bank payments
- Managing updating and ensuring all relevant customer/supplier and project information is correct e.g. bank details contact details
- Opening and closing projects
- Working with the FC to produce the Month End Finance Pack
- Analysis of expenditure
- Accruals & Prepayments – preparation of journals for input to SAGE
- Ideally 1-2 years’ experience within Finance
- Already studying AAT/wants to start.
- Flexible, computer literate
- Good command of Excel
- Prior knowledge of SAGE
- Competitive salary
- Free parking
- 33 days holiday
- Study support
- 3pm finish on a Friday
- Friendly and relaxed working environment
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.