We have been retained to recruit for a Commercial Manager for our client, a family run and leading provider of business telephone systems where the customer is at the heart of everything they do. Based in the North-West of England, they have a UK wide customer base, but typically their clients are based in an area that covers Manchester, Liverpool, Chester, Wirral and North Wales. As Commercial Manager you will oversee the business development strategy for the business and will be responsible for growing a profitable portfolio of customers. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Commercial Manager or Sales Manager with experience within telecommunications who is looking to step up their career. You will be a natural relationship builder with proven experience within negotiating and overseeing contracts, pursuing new business opportunities and leading a company’s sales and marketing strategy. Our client is offering a friendly and relaxed working environment, flexible home working, car allowance, private medical, competitive salary and uncapped bonus based on business performance.
As Commercial Manager you will oversee the business development strategy for the business and will be responsible for growing a profitable portfolio of customers. You will work on everything from winning new client contracts to developing growth strategies and campaigns whilst managing a small team.
You will be providing solutions according to the situation using telecommunications knowledge including Sip communication VoIP using On Premise solutions, Cloud Telephony, Mobile, Ethernet Circuits, FTTP and other data solutions, Structured Cabling and WiFi access.
Honesty and Integrity are the foundations of our success. We’re honest with our customers and channel partners to ensure our clients get the best possible service, at affordable prices.
- Focus on day-to-day performance delivering positive trading activity through commercial partnerships. You will have a keen eye on market dynamics and new product launches to identify commercial opportunities
- Manage and report on the business's commercial pipeline using CRM software, creating regular performance reports for both internal and external consumption
- Support the development and delivery of the New Business long term strategy and medium-term plan, delivering sustained profitable growth
- Build strong and effective relationships with key senior customer contacts and maintain a strong understanding of the wider market and trends to be able to proactively provide insight and solutions
- Support the Managing Director to develop customer plans to promote effective sales and strategy to drive growth, retention and new business
- Meet with potential clients and present online demonstrations
- Prepare quotes and proposals accordingly
- Attend sales meetings to present accurate forecasts and sales strategy to senior team
- Complete credit check on new customers
- Chase any outstanding order forms
- Create and schedule social media activity for the week
- Site survey for SOGEA and system quotes
- Attend EE monthly briefing
- Billing review with Admin lead and internal stakeholders
- Handling bill shock issue for senior account manager
- Chase external IT support for access details pre-Monday install
- Meetings with key referral partners
- Attend local networking events or business events
- 6+ years minimum experience in the telecommunications industry and specifically in the area of customer acquisition and solid account management.
- Experience in negotiations with national brands quality brands such as Boodles, local authorities, clients, consultants, and referral partners.
- Experience in confidential information handling, document tracking and control
- Excellent knowledge of laws and regulations related to the telecommunications sector
- Ability to work under pressure and by results
- High competence in the coordination and implementation of telecommunications projects
- Knowledge of social media and websites
- Strong communication, sales, and presentation skills
- Experience in business development, customer management, sales, or related fields.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise projects
- Must be team oriented and results focused
- Willing to work the hours necessary and be flexible
- Business Degree
- Leadership Training
- First class communication skills
- Proven track record of sales achievement in UCaaS using On Prem and/or hosted.
- Natural Networker
- Clean driving license
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary
- Uncapped earning potential
- Car allowance
- Home working
- Medical Insurance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.