We are currently recruiting on behalf of a highly successful and well-established legal firm for an Administrator to join their team based in Chester on a part time basis. This is fantastic opportunity to join a professional, friendly, and dedicated law firm who offer excellent high-quality work. This is a key hire for the team and as Administrator you will provide administration and typing services to the team and firm as a whole and support fee earners to maintain excellent standards of service delivery to clients.
This role is based in the Chester Office and you will be required to work three days per week. On offer for the successful Administrator is a competitive salary and generous benefits package, career progression and extensive support to enable professional growth.
The role is to provide administration and typing services to the team and firm as a whole and support fee earners to maintain excellent standards of service delivery to clients. This will include but will not be limited to the responsibilities given below.
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards of client care.
- Open new files through the case management system and prepare initial correspondence and documents.
- Administer filing in both the paper and Seneca (our case management system) file which will include scanning post and saving it to the Seneca file, filing and the opening, closing and storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the procedures contained in the office manual.
- Produce bills and bank payment forms
- Schedule deeds and open deeds packets
- Order conveyancing searches
- Prepare Land Registry AP1 forms
- Prepare draft SDLT/LTT returns
- Provide fast, accurate and efficient typing and document management and assembly services to the team and typing up dictations when required.
- Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch and collect/deliver mail to the post room.
- Check for accuracy and ensuring that all correspondence (email and posted) meets the required high quality standards and all correspondence is in the firm’s house style.
- Provide secretarial support services to the office which might include booking appointments, making travel arrangements booking and preparing meeting rooms, and diary management.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all of the firm’s and clients’ documentation and information.
- Arrange for all tasks such as copying, scanning, binding as required by the fee earner.
- Provide support to other offices, departments and secretaries when time is available and when requested by your line manager or department manager.
- Undertake training when required and have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Attendance and participation at departmental meetings when requested.
- Gain and maintain IT and telephone skills appropriate to modern legal practice; specifically the systems and facilities used by the firm (Seneca, transcription, MS Office, Laser forms, i-Room, phone system etc).
- In tune with the firm’s mission statement and core values and committed to demonstrating and developing these values.
- Effective communicator with clients, visitors and colleagues by telephone, face to face and in writing.
- Conscientious, with strong attention to detail.
- Typing skills of around 70wpm with good accuracy.
- Carry out a range of tasks in an orderly, timely and conscientious way.
- A team player with a positive and cheerful attitude.
- Previous relevant experience is preferred
What we offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- 24 days holiday entitlement +bank holidays
- Extra half day’s holiday to use in your birthday month
- Private Medical Insurance
- Death in Service
- Free Legal Services
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.