We are currently recruiting on behalf of a highly successful and well-established legal firm for a Residential Property Fee Earner. This is fantastic opportunity to join a professional, friendly, and dedicated law firm who offer excellent high-quality work. This is a key hire for the team and as Residential Property Fee Earner you will undertake fee-earning work and provide a profitable contribution to the work of the group.
This role is based in the the Congleton Office, but you must be willing to travel to other offices in Chester, Stockport and Macclesfield when required. On offer for the successful Residential Property Fee Earner is a competitive salary and generous benefits package, career progression and extensive support to enable professional growth.
The purpose of this role is to initiate, process and complete the full spectrum of residential property fee-earning work for client files. You must have enough experience to complete this process unsupervised. You will be responsible to ensure the successful development of the firm in line with the group and firm business plans. As Residential Property Fee Earner, you will report to and be supported by the Team Head. You must be able to conduct matters unsupervised and be able to provide support for more junior lawyers.
- Conduct of matters on behalf of clients accurately, reliably and in accordance with the firm’s quality and risk management procedures (Lexcel and SRA Code of conduct).
- To generate fee income and ensure proper control of time recording, work in progress, billing and cash collection in line with agreed targets unless exceptional circumstances apply.
- Take an active part in business development opportunities on behalf of the team and firm.
- Supervision and support of fee earning work undertaken by colleagues to cover absence and holidays for example.
- Supervision of other fee-earning colleagues if required.
- Participation in marketing activities whether on a firm wide, group or office basis.
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- Manage the preparation of correspondence and documents through the case management system.
- Manage filing in both the paper and Seneca file which may include filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the procedures contained in the office manual.
- Attendance and participation at group meetings.
- Be effective in developing new work from existing clients and seek new clients for themselves and others.
- Maintain and nurture an appropriate network of contacts and referrers and endeavour to promote the firm in your professional and personal life.
- Gain and maintain good IT and telephone skills appropriate to modern legal practice; such as the ability to use the case management system and other standard applications, record time, use e-mail, conduct research on the internet and use office facilities and the phone system.
- Experienced Conveyancer/Paralegal with a minimum of 5 years’ experience of fee earning work
- Experience and relevant qualifications for the group
- In tune with the firm’s mission statement and core values and committed to demonstrating and developing these.
- A team player within the group and firm as a whole.
- Efficient, well organised, and timely.
- Effective communicator by telephone, face to face and in writing.
What we offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- 24 days holiday entitlement +bank holidays
- Extra half day’s holiday to use in your birthday month
- Private Medical Insurance
- Death in Service
- Free Legal Services
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.