Our client is looking for an experienced Payroll Assistant to join their small and friendly team based in Chester. This is an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Administrator who is looking to join a well-established and reputable firm of chartered accountants based in Chester. Our client has built their reputation on always putting the client first and delivering the most effective advice. As Payroll Assistant you will have previous experience gained within a practice environment managing multiple clients. You will be developing your experience alongside a highly professional and motivated team. A friendly and professional working environment is on offer, together with a competitive benefits package and support with additional qualifications.
Our client is a long-established practice of Chartered Accountants located in Chester who specialise in providing a comprehensive range of accounting and financial services to owner-managed businesses.
As Payroll Assistant you will take responsibility for delivering a full end to end payroll service to a portfolio of clients of various sizes.
The successful candidate will have payroll knowledge and experience in processing payrolls, an enthusiastic, hard-working personality, with a very clear commitment to constant improvement, along with a persistent attention to detail on every task, however large or small.
- Assisting with all aspects of payroll.
- Processing weekly and monthly payslips for clients.
- Preparing payments via BACS.
- Filing starter and leaver forms with HM Revenue & Customs.
- RTI filing of necessary FPS & EPS reports.
- Answering payroll queries, including manual calculation of SMP, SSP, SSP etc.
- Filing CIS Returns.
- Auto enrolment pensions knowledge to be able to administer and advise on regulations.
- This is a very important role to the company, as this candidate will be a main point of contact for payroll clients, and as such acts as the face of the company
- Extensive experience in running payrolls from start to finish including all statutory calculations, RTI and year end
- Dealing with multiple/complex payrolls either from a bureau background or multi-site industry role
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with clients/HMRC and resolve any queries
- Up to date in depth payroll knowledge and experience ideally gained within an accountancy practice
- Relevant payroll qualifications are desirable
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to provide excellent customer service to client
- Attention to detail and good time and personal organisation management are essential to the efficient operation of the payroll department, as well as being able to adapt to various different payroll software systems in line with client requirements.
- High levels of motivation and initiative.
- Effective time management, as the role requires the meeting of deadlines.
- Outgoing, professionally approachable personality.
- Strong relationship building skills, targeted at both clients / potential clients and staff.
- Pleasant and professional telephone manner.
- High order personal organisation.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- IT literacy and competent with Excel
- Ability to handle competing requirements whilst remaining calm and prioritising action to fulfil company needs.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday
- Support with additional qualifications
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.