We are currently recruiting on behalf of an independent, specialist Architecture & Planning firm based in Knutsford who are looking for a Planner to join their vibrant and dedicated planning team. As Planner, you will have a strong ability to build positive and trusting relationships, developing an internal and external network whilst demonstratable knowledge of the planning system and current planning legislation. Previous experience in a Planner role within an Architecture & Planning firm is essential to be considered for this role. This opportunity would be perfect for an eager and enthusiastic Planner who wants to be a part of a forward-thinking and energetic Planning team. The successful Planner will join a highly regarded and growing team of rural planning specialists whose focus is on making the planning process simple and stress free for rural businesses and homeowners. Our client is offering a competitive salary, opportunity to progress, flexible working, a small and friendly environment with lovely rural countryside and free eggs.
As an active member of the planning team, you will be working under the guidance of our Senior Planning Consultants. You will be responsible for getting the job done, by supporting the planning team in providing clients with the best opportunity for success by undertaking a variety of technical and administrative functions. You will be responsible for drafting reports and, monitoring progress and developments within planning authorities.
- Supporting the preparation and submission of planning applications
- Providing guidance and sound advice relating to Client specific issues, and a range of planning matters.
- Assisting with drafting planning statements including supplementary images and tables.
- Monitoring comments of planning submissions, advising the Senior Planning Consultant/Planning Consultant when action may be required.
Using a variety of methods undertake detailed research, including but not limited to:
- Planning history searches using Council’s online searches and through formal requests made to the Council
- Planning policy reviews and updates in preparation for new planning statements
- Planning case law
- Site review
- Maintain company knowledge in appeals, LPA decisions, judicial decisions, and legislative updates.
- Monitoring appeals within the Local Authority Areas.
- To act as the main point of contact for liaison with third party consultants (architects, tree consultants, ecologists, etc) to seek quotes, plan in visits, and to ensure reports are received in a timely manner.
- In conjunction with the Senior Planning Consultant/Planning Consultant draft client estimates in line with the company lead management and risk assessment matrix.
- Updating the Group Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) in a timely manner.
- Responsible for updating the website and social media feeds.
- Responsible for setting up new instructions including drafting phase 1 advice notes to Clients.
- Drafting advice notes and Client communications as directed by Senior Planning Consultant/Planning Consultant
- Contribute to the continued development of the Group through providing ideas and engaging in projects related to key areas of service, people, and marketing as required.
- Working in line with Group key performance indicators and The WRP Way.
- Attendance at site meetings with Clients and third parties as required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Associate of the RTPI or RICS
- Planning Degree
- Demonstratable knowledge of the planning system and current planning legislation
- Building positive and trusting relationships and developing an internal and external network
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, professional integrity and the ability to maintain high standards
- Results orientated
- Making sound balanced and justifiable decisions especially when under time pressure and within deadlines, Identifying key issues within situations
- Identifying and seizing opportunities to fix or improve things
- Understanding and being sensitive to the external environment
- Financial understanding of time management
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive starting salary
- Opportunity to progress
- Private health insurance
- Life cover
- Rural working environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.