We are excited to be working with an independent firm of Accountants in Chester who are currently looking for an experienced Tax Accountant to join their small, friendly and growing practice. This is an exciting opportunity for an Accountant who is looking to progress their career. Your role as Accountant will be providing tax and accounting support across the business and providing a first-class service to their portfolio of clients. A friendly and professional working environment is on offer, the opportunity for home working together with a competitive benefits package. If you are keen to secure a progressive role within a firm offering great long-term development, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Your role as Tax Accountant will be providing tax accounting support across the business and providing a first-class service to their portfolio of clients.
- You will be working with a diverse and genuinely exciting range of clients, on engaging and challenging complex personal tax work.
- Delivering bespoke tax planning, tax advisory and compliance work.
- Handling your own client portfolio.
- Tax Advice: Analysis of tax regulations, query resolution, stakeholder management, implementations and improvements.
- Corporate Tax: Supervise calculations and establish tax criteria.
- Transfer Pricing: Control of intercompany TP.
- Tax Management: Preparation and execution of Tax returns. Direct, indirect and withholdings.
- R&D: Identify opportunities for efficiencies within R&D and company investments.
- Cash flow analysis.
- Liaising with clients to resolve queries and obtain approval to draft documents as well as submitting to the relevant authorities .
- Review and monitor changes to legislation.
- You must have at least 2-3 year-experience within an accountancy practice.
- Working towards a relevant tax or accounting qualification e.g AAT/ATT.
- Knowledge of R&D - ideal but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Enthusiasm and keenness to learn about various areas of tax.
- Confident with clients.
- Motivated and driven.
- Have good level of organisational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to demonstrate they can work in a team but also off their own initiative.
If you feel that this could be the right role for you then apply now and we’ll be in touch.